About Sommita Medical
In today’s healthcare environment, patients and their families need to actively participate in researching out all options and discover newer technologies that exist for their procedures. Patients should never assume their hospital has the newest technology available.
Sommita Medical represents these next generation medical technologies and innovative medical products designed to provide better outcomes and enhance the value to the hospital.
Many of today’s FDA cleared advanced medical products are developed by extremely innovative smaller companies that have successfully answered the clinical need. There are countless surgical products still in use that have long been surpassed with newer and more effective technology that focus on maintaining patient safety and improve procedural outcomes.
It’s imperative for medical products to demonstrate a clinical benefit for the patient and address a clinical need.
You have the choice to be proactive in your health. Insurance companies are usually looking out for their best interest and bottom line. It is your choice, as the patient, to demand the best options for you, whether or not those options are covered by your insurance. If you prefer a particular brand of product or treatment, you have the right to request that your provider obtain that for you.
Remember to be proactive, not reactive, in the management of your own health. It is up to you to be an advocate for your own health and medical needs.
You Have the Right…
- Not to be denied participation in all treatment services based on the grounds of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, diagnosis, religion, age or socioeconomic status.
- To considerate and respectful care.
- To reasonably expect, from staff members responsible for your care and welfare, complete and current information concerning your condition.
- To know by name and position the staff members responsible for your care.
- To reasonable consideration of your privacy and to be treated with respect and full recognition of your dignity, individuality, and reasonable cultural needs.
- To expect a reasonable response to your requests.
- To be free from all forms of abuse or harassment, neglect, or exploitation.
- To be reasonably informed at the time of check out of medical and/or ancillary services charges.
- To be afforded the opportunity to participate in planning and implementing your treatment program, to refuse care, treatment or services in accordance with law and regulation.
- To the maintenance of confidentiality of your clinical record.
- To access information contained within your medical record.
- To be informed, when appropriate, about the outcomes of care, including unanticipated outcomes.
You Have the Responsibility…
- To be honest about matters that relate to you as a patient.
- To provide staff with accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters pertaining to your health.
- To report any perceived risks in your care.
- To report any unexpected changes in your condition to those responsible for your care and welfare.
- To follow the care, service or treatment plan developed.
- To ask any questions when you do not understand or have concerns about your plan of care.
- To understand the consequences of the treatment alternatives and not following your plan of care.
- To know the staff who are caring for you.
- To be considerate and respectful of the rights of both fellow patients and staff.
- To honor the confidentiality and privacy of other patients.
- To be considerate of the property of Arizona Pain Specialists.
- To assure the financial obligations of your healthcare are fulfilled as promptly as possible.